Seven Ways To Maximize Your Next Massage
1. Don’t eat right before a massage. Your body works very hard to digest food and the more at ease your body is, the better the experience will be.
2. Ask if your practitioner will be using oils and lotions. They reduce friction on your skin.
3. During the massage session, don’t hesitate to report any discomfort, whether it’s from the massage or due to any problems or distractions related to the environment, e.g., room temperature, music volume, lighting, etc.
4. Guide the masseuse. Point out what areas of your body are most need of their expertise. Ensure the pressure and speed of our hand movements are comfortable for you.
5. Don’t worry about whether or not your legs are shaved! Many women apologize for this. Massage Therapists focus on the muscles underneath the skin!
6. Drink plenty of water after your massage. Your kidneys get a workout after receiving massage. Kneading and working muscles stimulates the waste response in your body. Massage relaxes the tension, releasing the circulatory pathways and allowing nitrogenous metabolic waste to dump into the system. Drinking provides your kidneys with the water they need to effectively eliminate the newly liberated waste.
7. How much clothing should you leave on? It’s up to you. If you have lower back pain or sit a lot, I highly recommend you allow us to massage this area. Some people don’t like skin to skin contact on the hips. If that’s the case, masseuse’ can do massage through the sheets.
Be prepared to schedule several massage sessions. Massage has its greatest benefits over time. The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so the more often you get a massage, the better you will feel and the more quickly your body will respond.
About Skin Sense
Skin Sense (www.skinsense.com), the first day spa in the Triangle and one of the area’s most successful woman-owned businesses introduced a holistic philosophy of facial skin and body care to the Triangle in 1991. With 23 years of experience and two full-service day spa locations in Raleigh, Skin Sense now has a reputation for promoting total body wellness and bringing balance to the lives of tens of thousands of clients. Treatments offered include facials, massage, body treatments, waxing, nail care, makeup, microdermabrasion and more. Its innovative approach to wellness, highly-trained therapists and state-of-the art facilities such as saunas, steam rooms, and relaxation lounges, have earned Skin Sense over twenty-five awards from its clients through surveys conducted by nearly every local newspaper and magazine, including readers’ choice awards for “Best Day Spa” and “Best Facial” from the readers of Metro Magazine and the Independent Weekly.